The Terran Task Force is a joint venture between the Klingon Empire, Romulan Republic, and United Federation of Planets. These forces are working together to prevent the Terran Empire’s invasion of our Universe. Using technology originally developed by the Klingon’s secretive House Pegh to combat the Federation, the Task Force seeks to halt the Terran Empire’s attempts to conquer territory, and drive them back to the Universe they came from.
This new reputation will be available with Season 11’s release and will feature all new traits, kit modules, space equipment sets and a ground equipment set.
Submitting Terran Marks will increase your standing with the Terran Task Force. These can be earned by participating in the Counterpoint and Assault on Terok Nor queues, as well as the new Badlands Battlezone. Each source of marks allows for scaling rewards, increasing the number of Terran Marks received by performing above expectations or completing bonus objectives.
Terran Gravimetric Inducers can be earned by participating in the Advanced and Elite versions of queues which reward Terran marks, as well as completing events within the Badlands Battlezone. Terran Gravimetric Inducers are used by the Terran Empire to manipulate the plasma storms within the Badlands, and to stabilize their gateways into our universe. High-end gear projects will require a small number of Terran Gravimetric Inducers to claim the best equipment the Terran Task Force has to offer. The Terran Task Force will also exchange Terran Gravimetric Inducers for Dilithium Ore.
Terran Marks and Terran Gravimetric Inducers can be submitted for Reputation XP and new, high-quality gear acquisitions. Here are a few examples of the items that can be earned by advancing your standing with the Terran Task Force:
Terran Task Force Starship Technologies (Space Set – 4 Pieces)
- Terran Task Force Deflector Array Mk XII
- The Terran Task Force Deflector Array is designed to offer a blend of defensive and offensive utility. Defensively, the array enhances your shield strength, resistance to shield drain and resistance to effects which disable or hamper ships. Offensively, it enhances the potency of outgoing shield and energy drains.
- Terran Task Force Covariant Shield Array Mk XII
- Initially intended to withstand Phaser fire from Federation ships, the Terran Task Force Covariant Shield offers high shield capacity and significantly reduces Phaser damage to shields. Additionally, the shield array occasionally fires bursts of Disruptor energy back at attacking vessels.
- Terran Task Force Impulse Engines Mk XII
- Designed to mitigate subsystem disabling effects, the Terran Task Force Impulse Engines enhance Auxiliary subsystem power levels. When a subsystem is brought offline, the engines perform an automatic subroutine, increasing the ship’s damage resistance.
- Terran Task Force Quantum Capacitor Warp Core Mk XII
- Matter / Antimatter Core: The Terran Task Force Quantum Capacitor Warp Core prototypes a new method to transfer power generated by the warp core throughout the ship. Unlike most warp cores which enhance power levels for one subsystem, the quantum capacitor benefits each subsystem. While in combat, the warp core will gradually raise power levels and maximum subsystem levels for all aspects of the ship.
- Singularity Core: The Terran Task Force Quantum Capacitor Warp Core prototypes a new method to transfer power generated by the singularity core throughout the ship. Unlike most singularity cores which enhance power levels for one subsystem based on singularity charge level, the quantum capacitor benefits each subsystem. While in combat, the singularity core will gradually raise power levels for all aspects of the ship, allowing the singularity charge to be reliably manipulated without dropping power levels.
Below are the set bonuses for this new space equipment set:
Terran Task Force Starship Technologies Set Bonuses (Space)
- Secondary Discharge Capacitors (2 piece) – Passive
- Improves Starship Shield System skill
- Improves Starship Flow Capacitors skill
- Terran Task Force Shield Discharge deals double damage.
- Regenerative Weapon Feedback (3 piece) – Enhancement
- Firing Energy Weapons has a chance to regenerate your shields
- Disruptor Shell (4 piece) – Click
- Greatly reduces damage to shields while active. On expiration, deals Disruptor damage to enemies within 5km radius.
Terran Task Force Starship Munitions (Weapon Set – 3 Pieces)
- Terran Task Force Disruptor Weapon Mk XII
- Beam Array: The Terran Task Force Beam Array has a chance to apply Withering Radiation, which causes radiation damage based on the number of Withering Radiation stacks present on a target. Energy damage from this weapon becomes more potent against enemies with lower hull integrity.
- Dual Heavy Cannons: The Terran Task Force Dual Heavy Cannons have a chance to apply Withering Radiation, which causes radiation damage based on the number of Withering Radiation stacks present on a target. Energy damage from this weapon becomes more potent against enemies with lower hull integrity.
- Terran Task Force Photon Torpedo Mk XII
- The Terran Task Force Photon Torpedo has a chance to apply Withering Radiation, which causes radiation damage based on the number of Withering Radiation stacks present on a target. This torpedo becomes more potent against enemies with lower hull integrity.
- Console – Universal – Ferrofluid Hydraulic Assembly Mk XII
- The Ferrofluid Hydraulic Assembly Console increases maximum hit points, as well as auxiliary and weapon subsystem power levels. In addition, the pressurized ferrofluid assembly allows for faster torpedo tube reloads, reducing recharge time shared between torpedoes.
Below are the set bonuses for this new space equipment set:
Terran Task Force Munitions Set Bonuses (Space)
- Focused Detonations (2 piece) – Passive
- Increased Projectile Weapon damage.
- Secondary Torpedo Launchers (3 piece) – Click Enhancement
- While active, firing a torpedo fires an additional basic torpedo of a similar type.
Terran Task Force Special Ops (Ground Set – 3 Pieces)
- Terran Task Force Combat Armor Mk XII
- Terran Task Force Combat Armor offers a substantial defensive advantage, especially against incoming Phaser fire. Additionally, the combat armor has a built-in tactical positioning suite, giving your weapon attacks against flanked targets additional armor penetration.
- Terran Task Force Personal Shield Mk XII
- Intended to keep wearers mobile, the Terran Task Force Personal Shield increases the wearer’s resistance to knock and root effects. The personal shield also fires bursts of Disruptor energy back at attackers on occasion, helping take out enemy targets faster.
- Terran Task Force Weapon Mk XII
- High Density Beam Rifle: The Terran Task Force Disruptor High Density Beam Rifle is charged with Withering Radiation, giving a chance to cause additional Radiation damage based on the number of Withering Radiation stacks present on a target. The primary weapon fire also applies stacks of High Density Charge to the user. At 7 stacks, the weapon’s secondary fire changes from a standard High Density Beam to a High Density Beam Spray, which deals more damage in a larger area.
- Bat’leth: The Terran Task Force Bat’leth builds Electrokinetic Charges when performing primary and secondary strikes. The tertiary attack consumes built-up Electrokinetic Capacitor Charge stacks, discharging them to deal additional Electrical damage.
Below are the set bonuses for this new ground equipment set:
Terran Task Force Special Ops Set Bonuses (Ground)
- Interference Algorithm (2 piece) – Passive
- Increases Disruptor damage
- Increases Physical damage
- Being affected by Control or Knock effects triggers an additional Physical and Disruptor damage buff
- Electrokinetic Discharge (3 piece) – Click
- Fires a cone of electricity at a target, deal Electrical damage to the target and nearby foes. Affected targets are stunned for a short duration. This ability can consume Electrokinetic Capacitor Charges to deal additional damage.
Advancing through the tiers of the Terran Task Force Reputation will also unlock access to a large variety of Withering Disruptor energy weapons, Withering Photon Torpedo launchers, and 3 new Kit Modules.
- Engineering – Mechanic Kit Module – Override Shield Safeties Mk XII
- Override Shield Safeties hardens your shields for a period of time, reducing the amount of shield damage taken. On expiration, the override fires a wave of Disruptor energy out from your shields, dealing damage to nearby enemies.
- Science – Medit Kit Module – Metaphasic Radiation Mk XII
- Metaphasic Radiation slowly heals a target and any nearby allies. Unconscious allies within the area of effect are revived.
- Tactical – Assault Kit Module – Micro Photon Torpedo Launcher Mk XII
- Fires a Micro Photon Torpedo at the target. The torpedo unerringly hones in on its target, causing Physical damage on impact. After impact, the torpedo explodes, dealing Physical damage in a small area.
The Terran Task Force introduces the following new traits:
Tier 1 – Ground
- Diburnium Mesh (Passive)
- Increases your resistance to Phaser Damage and Control effects, such as Stuns, Disables, and Knocks.
- Close Quarters Combatant (Passive)
- Increases your Melee damage and run speed.
Tier 2 – Space
- Diburnium Impact Lattice (Passive)
- Increases your resistance to Phaser Damage and Control effects, such as Holds, Disables, and Knocks.
- Torpedo Pre-Fire Sequence (Passive)
- Torpedoes deal more damage, and Destructible Torpedoes fly faster toward their targets.
Tier 3 – Ground
- Neural Network Overload (Enhancement)
- Ranged and melee weapon attacks have a chance to deal Electrical Damage and reduce the target’s Run Speed.
- Emergency Personal Cloaking Device (Passive)
- Automatically triggers a cloak when below 30% health, preventing enemies from seeing you and granting a damage buff for a short period of time.
Tier 4 – Space
- Torpedo Astrometic Synergy (Passive)
- Using a Torpedo Bridge Officer ability reduces Science Bridge Officer ability recharge times.
- Regenerative Torpedo Synergy (Passive)
- Using a Shield Healing Bridge Officer ability reduces Torpedo Bridge Officer recharge times.
Tier 5 – Ground
- Visual Dampening Field (Click)
- Activating this ability releases a field of particulate matter into the air, disrupting your enemy’s ability to target you and your allies. Enemies within the field are Confused, while allies within range when the field is deployed are Cloaked. While you may fire at targets, continuing to damage targets can break the Cloak, allowing enemies to target you again.
NOTE: All abilities and items found within this blog are subject to change.
Discuss in the forums.
Jon “CrypticRock” Steady
Star Trek Online