New Adventure Zone: Northdark Reaches
With a civil war brewing in the Underdark, King Bruenor needs your help to search for a missing scout and uncover the circumstances of the disappearance. Explore the events that take place between Starlight Enclave and Glacier’s Edge, the first two books in RA Salvatore’s The Way of the Drow trilogy, and meet fan-favorite characters in this new storyline, developed in collaboration with RA Salvatore and Geno Salvatore.
With the new Adventure Zone and new storyline comes a new campaign, repeatable instances, and Heroic Encounters.
Further information at: Neverwinter: Northdark Reaches - November 8!
Read more at: Neverwinter: Northdark Reaches Dev Blog Hub
Dungeon Rework: Temple of the Spider
The Temple of the Spider dungeon has been reworked, and is now available in both Normal and Master difficulty. Delve once again into the Temple of the Spider to rescue a High Priestess from the judgment of the Spider Queen.
The Normal version of this dungeon is available to all players with at least 25,000 Item Level and is included in the Random Dungeon Queue. The Master version is a challenge worthy of the strongest adventurers in the realm and requires 75,000 Item Level. Both are unlocked through campaign progression.
Further information at: Developer Blog: Temple of the Spider Rework!
The Wizard class has seen many bug fixes and balance tweaks, with the goal of allowing many more powers to be viable. Both the Thaumaturge and Arcanist have seen significant improvements overall. A list of the changes is at the botom of the notes.
Further information at: Developer Blog: Wizard Updates
A wide swath of quality-of-life improvements has been made to the inventory interface! The Inventory now has search functionality, and all bags except main or overflow bags can now be renamed, replaced with a different bag (as long as there’s enough space), and more.
Items can also be multi-selected for movement, the PC client now has the ability to slot an item into the Potion Tray without opening the inventory, players can use Injury Kits automatically by interacting with the Injury HUD element, and the list goes on. We really recommend reading the blog below for details!
Further information at: Developer Blog: Inventory Updates & More!
New Lockbox: Myconid Lockbox
With the new module comes a new lockbox! This lockbox uses the same opening style as the Dragon Cult Lockbox and the Dragonslayer Lockbox. The unique prizes to this lockbox are:
The Myconid Bulette mount, which has a Power and Accuracy aura, as well as a combat power that increases enemies’ damage taken from the player.
Rumpadump, a companion—also seen as a character in the Northdark Reaches storyline—who has a Crit Strike and Crit Severity proc as a player bonus power, and a Movement Speed enhancement.
Further information at: Developer Blog: Myconid Lockbox!
Q&A Stream with Brett Norton
Tune in Wednesday, November 9th at 2:00 PM Pacific time (22:00 UTC) for a quarterly question-and-answer stream with our Executive Producer, Brett Norton! The stream will be hosted on Twitch, at: http://twitch.tv/crypticstudios
Further information at: Q&A with EP Brett Norton - November 9
Northdark Reaches Adventure Zone
- Braelin reappears in his cage after completing ‘The Doors of Neirt Elamshin’ quest
Temple of the Spider
- Some players may receive extra boss currency in Temple of the Spider (Master).
- Players may remain in combat after defeating Da’Zora Mizzrym until exiting her boss room.
- Some spell combinations from Da’Zora Mizzrym boss fight may cause an FPS drop for consoles and minimum spec PCs.
- Barrel Bombs on Halbryn Dark Stalker fight may not fade immediately after being killed.
- Hissing sound effect from an ignited fuse on Barrel Bombs may continue playing after it explodes
- Mount package from the Myconid Lockbox does not display the correct mount’s name.
- The Moonlight’s Blessing Power is not triggered by some bard AoE healing spells.
- Northdark Navigator buff incorrectly states that it works “in the Underdark” (Power is only active in Northdark Reaches)
- Northdark Navigator buff has a placeholder icon
- 'Northdark Plate' armor doesn't display properly on characters when wearing a body paint fashion item.
Wizard Class Balance
- Temporary HP from 'Spell Mastery Shield' only absorbs 66% of damage taken.
- Temporary HP from ‘Shield’ is granted after a 1 second delay.
- Using the potion belt picker doesn't display custom bag names.
- Dashing Chapeaus from Dashing Key Bundle hides the character's hair when equipped.
Content and Environment
- Icespire Peak: Some missing walls have been replaced.
- Prophecy of Madness: This queue has been removed from the Reaper’s Challenge rotation.
- Several minor visual issues in Protector’s Enclave, e.g. windows with strange reflections, have been addressed.
- Shores of Tuern: Power area indicators no longer ride up walls here.
- Tutorial: There is once again a step to equip the tutorial mounts after purchasing them from a vendor. These mounts can no longer be deleted or removed from the inventory.
- Various functionality issues in certain older content have been addressed.
- Various typos have been addressed in a variety of content.
- Players who had completed Rank 3 Slayer achievements, but had not been granted the appropriate titles, will automatically be granted the appropriate titles briefly after logging in.
- Rise of Tiamat: The meta-achievement now consistently gains progress when the appropriate achievement is earned. Players who had gained an achievement without gaining meta progress will be fixed on login.
- The in-game achievement for completing the Crown of Keldegonn now applies with either Normal or Master difficulty completions.
Campaigns and Adventures
- The Maze Engine adventure now requires completion of The Dwarven King adventure.
- The Redeemed Citadel Campaign in Past Events no longer erroneously implies progress can be made.
- Fish now bite much more quickly.
- The window during which the player can set the hook has been reduced.
- These changes should affect all fishing areas, no matter the zone.
- April Fowls: Seed Bread and Hot Wings can now be purchased in bulk.
- Celebration of Lliira: Lliira’s Favor can no longer be sold to vendors.
- Feast of Lanterns: A wide variety of quality-of-life improvements have been made to this event, including making dogs easier to find, allowing various items to be purchased in bulk, and making interactive objects easier to see and interact with.
- Summer Festival
- Sunite Garb can now be crafted while Summer Provisioning is active.
- Grand Summer Feast should now be craftable using the latest versions of Caprese, Squash Soup, and Watermelon Sorbet.
- Older versions of the Grand Summer Feast, Simple Summer Feast, and Lavish Summer Feast can no longer be crafted.
- Winter Festival
- The following Items can now be purchased in bulk:
- Illuminated Box
- Small Iceworks
- Crate of Blacklead
- Sky Beam
- Shower of Lights
- Sky Lantern
- Large Iceworks
- Monsters on Ice: Plee and Aakhii now attack players more often when engaged, and are now immune to control effects.
- Players should no longer accidentally be sent to the race podium when fishing.
Combat and Powers: Other
- Demogorgon’s Reach: The tentacles summoned by this artifact now properly function in all appropriate content.
- Northern Jewel: This artifact now grants 1020 Combined Rating at Mythic quality.
- Mythallar Fragment: This artifact now grants 960 Combined Rating at Mythic quality.
Classes and Balance
- When using the Art of War feat, Fleche’s AoE effect now properly triggers effects that proc from AoE power usage.
- Anointed Army's critical heals are no longer modified by the target's Critical Avoidance value.
- Astral Shield can now heal critically.
- Astral Shield's tooltip now correctly states that it heals for 250 magnitude, not 100. This is not a functionality change.
- Hallowed Ground can now heal critically.
- Light of Divinity can no longer sometimes result in multiple targets being marked.
- Light of Divinity's critical heals are no longer modified by the target's Critical Avoidance value.
- Aura of Life can now critically strike.
- Hand of Divinity can no longer sometimes result in multiple targets being marked.
- Hand of Divinity’s critical healers are no longer affected by the target’s Critical Avoidance stat.
- Movement Speed values granted by Movement Enchantments, Guild Boons, and accessories (shirts/pants/rings) should no longer be modified by the following:
- (All) Revive Sickness
- (Barbarian) Spinning Strike
- (Various) Block and Block-related powers
- Black Death Scorpion: This companion now properly attacks larger enemies such as dragons.
- Forest Feypanther's Presence's combined rating now properly scales with the quality of the Forest Fey Panther.
- Ioun Stone of Allure: This companion’s tooltip now properly states that it grants Control Bonus rather than Control Resistance.
- Pseudodragon: This companion now properly attacks larger enemies such as dragons.
- Fortified Nature: This Combat enchantment now displays its Defense rating in the character sheet.
- Fortified Nature: The buff applied by this Combat enchantment now has a more informational tooltip.
Mount Insignia Bonuses
- Alchemist’s Invigoration: The duration of this bonus has been increased to 18 seconds, up from 10.
- Barbarian’s Revelry: The healing granted by this bonus has been increased to 4%, up from 2%.
- Berserker’s Rage: The Critical Strike bonus now applies at 80% or higher Action Points, widened from 90% or higher. The Deflection bonus now applies at 20% or lower Action Points, widened from 10% or lower.
- Cavalry’s Warning: The duration of this bonus has been increased to 20 seconds, up from 10.
- Champion’s Return: The healing granted by this bonus has been increased to 10%, up from 5%.
- Knight’s Rebuke: The healing granted by this bonus has been increased to 5%, up from 2%.
- Oppressor’s Reprieve: The healing granted by this bonus has been increased to 8%, up from 3%.
- Protector’s Camaraderie: The Critical Severity and Defense ratings granted by this bonus have been increased to 300 per stack, up from 200.
- Slayer’s Bloodlust: This bonus now grants 1000 Critical Strike, up from 500, and now lasts for 15 seconds, up from 5 seconds. In addition, the buff can now stack, up to a maximum of 5 stacks.
- Survivor’s Blessing: The healing granted by this bonus has been increased to 5%, up from 2%.
- Warlord’s Inspiration: The value shown by this bonus’ tooltip is now correct, and applying multiple iterations of this bonus no longer has a chance to reduce its effectiveness rather than gaining diminishing returns.
- The Forger’s Box and the Chain of Scales can no longer be equipped together on the Potion Tray.
- There is now a limit of one Battle Horn of any type in the Potion Tray at any time.
Enemies and Encounters
Rise of Tiamat (Normal)
- Baaltor the Immortal and Osynafil the Undying now summon one fewer add each.
- Fire Breath, Cold Breath, and Poison Breath now cause less pushback in Phase 1 and 4.
- Severin’s HP has been reduced by 15%.
- Tiamat’s HP has been reduced by 15% in Phase 5.
- Tiamat’s Claws’ HP has been reduced by 25%.
- Tiamat’s Heads’ HP has been reduced by 15%.
- The HP of adds in Phase 2 has been reduced by 20%.
Items and Economy
- Auction: The Lockbox category now shows the new style of Lockboxes.
- Bags of Celestial Refining no longer contain Marks of Potency, Rank 2 or 3.
- Bank: The maximum number of Shared Bank slots has been increased to 104. Note that reaching this value still requires purchasing slots.
- Dungeon Master's Guide is now Ancient Dungeon Master's Guide, and the description has been updated. It can be sold to stores for silver, and no longer has any effect.
- Overload Enchantments now have a stack limit of 99, and can be purchased in bulk.
- Various items that had the same names, but different functionality, have been renamed.
- Various weapons and neck slot items from Dragonbone Vale and Dragonslayer can now properly be converted to Refinement points.
- The following mounts were incorrectly granted as Bind to Character even in sources that should be Bind to Equip. After this patch, future drops of these mounts from those sources (dungeons, lockboxes) will be Bind to Equip. Already-obtained versions are unaffected.
- Zakharan Bay Horse
- Green Owlbear
- White Owlbear
- Artifacts and Artifact Equipment available from Battlepasses and other limited-time events/promotions now appear in a unique 'Special' Collection. Items in these Collections are worth 0 points.
- 'Special' categories that track limited-time Companions and Mounts have been added to the Companions and Mounts collections. Several limited-time Companions and Mounts have been moved to these new special categories.
- Demogorgon's Wrath Neck and Waist have been moved to the Artifact Equipment collection.
- Several Mounts have been moved to more appropriate categories (for example, salamanders are not cats).
- The ordering of Mounts, Companions, and Event collections has been revised.
- Lycan Boots of the Pack: Pack Mentality now specifically states that it requires a combat companion.
- The following rings no longer grant a larger amount of stats than expected:
- Ring of the Curse Bringer
- Exalted Ring of the Curse Bringer
- Forgotten Assault Ring of the Prospector
- Forgotten Raid Ring of the Prospector
- Forgotten Restoration Ring of the Prospector
- Forgotten Ward Ring of the Prospector
- Bonus RP Event: The total number of preservation ward rewards has been increased to 15, up from 5.
- Storm King’s Thunder: The Voninblod reward from quests and heroic encounters has been substantially increased.
- All crafted Sword Knots are now properly Bind on Equip.
- The artisan Unkra Forend’s description has been updated.
Rage of Bel
- Vallenhas Elite Solider, Slaghound, and Hound of the Forge drop rates from Box of Vallenhas Treasures have been increased.
- Transmute drop rates from Boxes of Vallenhas Treasures have been increased.
- Ring of Bel drop rates have been increased.
- The number of Infernal Secrets players can earn per day has been doubled.
- Seals of the North no longer have a weekly cap. Sources that granted Seals of the North now grant Seals of the Dragon.
- Seals of the Wild are now obsolete. Sources that granted Seals of the Wild now grant Seals of the North.
- Seal Vendors now carry merchandise for Seal of the Dragons and Seal of the North.
- The Grand Alliance Seals set has been moved to the Seal of the North store.
Vault of Stars
- Queen of Air and Darkness: This boss should now consistently give rewards to all players, and allow need/greed rolls on rare items.
- Glory of Neverwinter pack (30k Item Level boost) now properly gives an account-bound Sword of Zariel, rather than character-bound.
- Item Level now displays on selected characters.
- Attributes: On Xbox or PlayStation® systems, the footer labels are once again accurate to the available actions.
- Powers: If players focus a feat, the whole feat category is now scrolled into view.
- Gear Preview: The animation picker now properly plays the appropriate animation on PC.
- Queues: The framerate while the queue list is open on Xbox and PlayStation® systems has improved.
- The Inspect pane on the Shimmering Lockbox now shows the appropriate key.
- Various bag icons have been updated.
- Various incorrect icons have been corrected.
- The Home Page has had a layout change. It should give more useful information at a glance, and can now display developer announcements in the lower-right panel if any are active.
Inventory Updates, as seen in Developer Blog: Inventory Updates & More
- Search functionality is now at the top of the Inventory pane, as well as many other panes.
- Bag management has been reworked. The “Inventory Options” button in the Inventory footer will allow access to anew range of options, including rearranging bags, renaming them, setting preferred item types, and more.
- Players can now select multiple items and move them all at once, starting with the selected empty space. To select multiple items on PC, press Ctrl while left-clicking; on Xbox systems, press the X button; on PlayStation® systems, press the Square button.
- PC players now have access to the Potion Tray context menu that Xbox and PlayStation® players had access to.
- Interacting with the Injury element on the HUD now allows the player to use an injury kit without opening the inventory.
- Players can now set companions to their default name when binding them, while still keeping the free rename available for later use.
- Players can now pin up to three currencies at a time for consistent display in their HUD.
- Vanity Pets now have an equip slot in the Vanity Pet inventory, so that it’s easier to see which pet is currently summoned.
- Additional Fashion Library slots can now be purchased with Astral Diamonds. The default value is still 100, and up to 100 additional slots can be purchased, for a maximum of 200.
- Landmarks now draw above area waypoints.
- Key Binds: The “Utility” power has been renamed “Tactical” in the key bind settings.
- The HQ chance indicator now properly shows values above 0 if, for example, players use HQ items even if the artisan is below the required Focus to grant H chance.
Character Art, Animation, and Effects
- Gith Longsword now shows weapon illusions.
- Various visual effects have been adjusted to better fit both the classic lighting model and the new lighting model on display in the Northdark Reaches adventure zone.
- The Shadow Wolf mount and companion have been revised to fit the theme while reducing overdraw.
Combat and Powers: Wizard Updates
- Arcane Tempest now gains a 10% bonus to damage when used in the Spell Mastery slot.
- Arcane Conduit now gains a 10% bonus to damage when used in the Spell Mastery slot.
- Arcane Power Field daily is now properly modified by the caster's stats.
- Arcane Power Field now properly deals Arcane damage and increases stacks of Arcane Mastery.
- Arcane Power Field’s damage is now affected by A Step Above Mastery.
- Arcane Singularity’s damage is now properly increased by Sturdy Regal Collar.
- Chill Strike now receives the 10% bonus damage benefit from Spell Mastery when used from the Tab slot.
- Directed Flames no longer causes Smolder to fail to proc when cast rapidly.
- Elemental Reinforcement: This feat now states that its damage bonus is only applied to Wizard spells, and not other sources of damage.
- Fanning the Flame's AoE damage over time component is now properly increased by Spell Mastery.
- Fireball now gains a 10% bonus to damage when used in the Spell Mastery slot.
- Maelstrom of Chaos should now calculate its damage similar to other character powers.
- Maelstrom of Chaos should no longer decrease its critical damage the higher the character's Critical Avoidance stat.
- Oppressive Force now correctly states that the magnitude in the Daze portion of the power as 375 magnitude. The Repel portion of the power now states 325 magnitude. Functionality did not change for this power.
- Repel should now deal damage to control immune targets when used from the Spell Mastery slot.
- Storm Fury should no longer decrease its critical damage the higher the character's Critical Avoidance stat.
- Storm Spell now correctly deals reduced damage on non-crits.
- Shield spell now properly provides a 20% maxhp shield, and a 30% shield when used in the Tab slot. Previously both standard and Tab slots were providing only 20%.
- Shield now properly deals more damage on critical hits (from the AoE caused by reapplication).
- Spell Mastery tooltip clarified (no functional change).
Balance Fixes: Base Class
- Arcane Presence: increased from 0.5% to 1.0%
- Arcane Singularity: increased Mag from 800 to 1200
- Arcane Singularity now deals damage to control-immune targets.
- Entangling Force increased from 500 to 600.
- Ice Knife: increased Mag from 1800 to 2300
- Icy Terrain increased from 350/385 to 400/440.
- Magic Missile: Mag increased from 40 to 60
- Oppressive Force increased from 325+375 to 370+420.
- Orb of Imposition: increased from 20% to 25%; added "Your control powers do 5% more damage against control-immune targets."
- Ray of Enfeeblement increased from 450 to 520.
- Ray of Frost increased from 55 to 65.
- Repel increased from 500/200 to 580/300
- Shield: Mag increased from 230/253 to 350/400; Shield amount increased to 30%/40%; casting time reduced from 1.6s to 0.53s
Balance Fixes: Arcanist
- Alacrity: increased cooldown reduction from 2 seconds to 5 seconds
- Arcane Bolt: increased Mag from 60 to 120
- Arcane Conduit: increased Mag from 200 to 300
- Arcane Empowerment: increased damage bonus from 10% to 20%.
- Note: The experimental change on Preview to cause it to “tick down” cooldown times instead of just speeding up recharge has been reverted. Overall amount of cooldown reduction (on average) is not affected.
- Arcane Power Field: increased from 50 to 60. Fixed a bug where it didn't accept buffs or mods. This should be a significant power increase.
- Arcane Tempest: increased Mag from 300 to 400
- Chaos Magic: increased proc chance from 5% to 7%
- Disintegrate increased from 400 (600) to 500 (750).
- Elemental Reinforcement: increased damage bonus from 5% to 7%
- Eye of the Storm: decreased internal cooldown from 20s to 10s
- Iced Lightning: damage bonus increased from 10% to 30% and now includes Striking Advantage as well.
- Lightning Bolt: increased Mag from 200 to 350
- Maelstrom of Chaos: increased Mag from 600 to 1400
- Snap Freeze: increased Mag from 40 to 70
- Steal Time: increased Mag from 260 to 350
- Storm Fury: increased Mag from 50 to 200. Fixed a bug where it was critting every time
- Storm Pillar: increased from 30-80, 40 to 40-100, 50. Will no longer generate AP if you don't hit any targets
- Storm Spell increased from 100 to 120.
- Striking Advantage increased from 100 to 120.
Balance Fixes: Thaumaturge
- Chill Strike increased from 575/225 to 660/300.
- Chilling Cloud: increased Mag from 65 to 90
- Combustive Action: increased AP bonus from 1% to 5%
- Conduit of Ice: increased Mag from 230 to 350
- Directed Flames: reduced damage from 80% to 25%, but can now proc every second (down from every 12 seconds, although there was a bug that meant it wouldn't even proc that often)
- Fanning the Flame: increased base Mag from 100 to 500, tick mag from 33 to 100, and reduced cooldown from 21 to 18
- Fireball: increased Mag from 250/550 to 350/700
- Frigid Winds: increased damage bonus from 1.25% to 1.5%
- Frost Wave: increased chill stacks from 3 to 6; fixed bug where it failed to Freeze
- Furious Immolation: increased Mag from 700 to 900
- Glowing Flames: increased damage from 20% to 30%
- Icy Rays increased from 520-720 to 600-850.
- Ice Storm: increased Mag from 600 to 1200; eliminated knockback and replaced it with knockdown
- Icy Veins: increased range from 15' to 20'
- Relative Haste: increased max cooldown speed bonus from 10% to 20%
- Relative Haste: This feat now grants 5% cooldown speed per Chilled enemy nearby, rather than granting 1% per stack of Chilled nearby.
- Scorching Burst: increased Mag from 30-80 to 60-110
- Shatter Strike increased from 250/150 to 300/200.
- Smolder: increased damage per tick from 40 to 150. Note this will affect a number of Smolder-related Feats and Class Features as well.
- Smoldering Recovery: reduced Directed Flames bonus from 1.5% to 0.3% (still a net buff due to changes to Directed Flames)
- Swath of Destruction: increased bonuses from 5%/2% to 10%/3%