New Zone: Sharandar
It’s been several years since the adventurers of Neverwinter clashed against the forces of Malabog, and during the relative stability, the landscape and architecture of the Feywild has changed. However, not all is peaceful. There are new enemies and challenges to face.
Sharandar requires a level of 80 and an item level of 40,000 to enter. However, during the first two weeks, players with any item level can play, and they’ll be scaled up to 40,000. As long as you complete the intro quest within the first two weeks, you’ll have access regardless of item level!
For more information, see: Developer Blog: Sharandar Reimagined
New Storyline: The Iron Tooth
The fey crossing—a bridge of sorts, that connected Faerûn to the Feywild—has recently been severed, preventing passage. Travelers who had returned from Sharandar speak of a feeling of unease. Though the defeat of Malabog brought peace for a time, a new evil stirs.
Reconnect with the Iliyanbruen envoys in Protector’s Enclave to find out how to restore the fey crossing, and assist in the adventures beyond.
This is the first episode of the new Sharandar campaign; more episodes will be released in the future.
New Campaign: Sharandar
With the new zone and new storyline comes a new campaign! This campaign will use a flow similar to the Redeemed Citadel, involving a weekly haul and a single progression path. More campaigns and more zones will unlock with the release of future episodes of the Sharandar storyline.
For more information, see: Dev Blog: Sharandar Campaign - New & Old
New Dungeon: The Vault of Stars
Clash against the members of the Gloaming Court as you uncover ancient secrets of the unseelie fey. Three new bosses await, with a new array of powerful rewards!
The Vault of Stars unlocks two weeks after the release of Sharandar.
Other Release Notes
Content and Environment
Fury of the Feywild
- Old Sharandar content is no longer available. Players who had unclaimed rewards from completed campaign tasks from Fury of the Feywild should automatically receive those rewards on login.
Portal to Tuern
- The Ritual Focus no longer pursues players.
- Milestone IV has ended with the launch of Module 20.
- Daily and weekly resource purchases have been removed from the Zariel's Favor trader, this includes: refined astral diamonds (daily), preservation wards (weekly), companion tokens (weekly), and mount tokens (weekly.)
- There should no longer be wooden beams blocking interactibles for the quest, Pillaging the Pirates.
- Blackdagger Ruins: Shipwreck objects no longer appear to expand as the player gets farther away.
- Chasm: Encounters in the Twisted Fane have been thinned out.
- Jungles of Chult Conqueror: This legacy campaign quest now properly gains credit from instanced areas.
- Players no longer incorrectly receive level-up mail pointing them to content that is no longer accessible.
- The in-game quest achievements, Sharandar: Complete and Sharandar: Lairs, have been removed from the in-game achievement list as they can no longer be completed.
- Underdark Campaign: Players no longer need to complete any introductory quests to begin this campaign.
- Undermountain (Uprising): Various quests that require a kill count have had the required count reduced to 10, to counterbalance the fact that NPCs sometimes killed enemies without granting the player credit.
- Various floating objects and offset collision have been addressed in various maps.
Combat and Powers
- Banner artifacts now properly match each other in effective power.
- Bloodcrystal Raven Skull: The duration of the shield is now 7 seconds, reduced from 14 seconds.
- Bloodcrystal Raven Skull: The bonus from missing health has been reduced across all tiers, and the bonus scaling per tier has also been reduced.
- Tiamat’s Orb of Majesty: The damage reduction debuff from this artifact’s power has bene reduced to 15%, down to 30%, to bring it in line with other artifact powers.
Classes and Balance
- Fighter: Retaliate: This power no longer incorrectly deals damage twice.
- To help offset the reduction in damage caused by this fix, the magnitude has been increased to 500, up from 300.
- Paladin: Divine Shelter now heals for 265 magnitude, increased from 220.
- Paladin (Oathkeeper): Resolved an issue wherein Hand of Divinity did not trigger the effect of Bond of Virtue.
- Tanks should now be able to hold threat more easily.
- Warlock: Infernal Spheres now properly shows a cooldown when placed in the power tray.
- Wizard: Shard of the Endless Avalanche has been replaced by a new power, Arcane Tempest, to provide improved versatility and AoE capability.
- Baby Owlbear’s Presence once again properly deals damage.
- Cold Iron Warrior no longer deals quite as much damage.
- Mercenary’s Discipline now properly grants Combined Ratings.
- Multiples of the same companion-applied debuff no longer stack with each other.
- Ox Stot’s Instincts: This power can now properly be slotted in the Universal slot.
- Potency: This companion power now correctly grants Power towards the Other Contributions category.
- Ox’s Instincts can no longer stun the player.
- Quickling no longer deals quite as much damage.
- Sergeant Knox's Wisdom now properly grants the player Combined Ratings.
- Vicious Dire Wolf no longer deals quite as much damage.
Enchantments and Enhancements
- Shadowclad Enchantment: Defense stacks are now properly removed alongside Deflect stacks when deflecting attacks.
- Spells such as Warlock "Revitalize", Paladin "Divine Touch", and Cleric "Bastion of Health" will no longer affect companions, allowing for easier targeting and better healing of player characters.
- Defense Preparation now properly grants 10% toward Defense when it effect triggers.
- Herald’s Decree now properly functions outside a party.
- The Mirage weapon set no longer deals excessive damage.
- The Mirage weapon set now deals even less damage for Rogue bleeds.
Enemies and Encounters
- Rotting Undead Adventurers have had the damage they deal reduced by 67%.
- The difficulty of the chapel encounter has been reduced.
- The Sisters of Strahd now have less health.
- Hellfire Engine: Overcooked now deals a reasonable amount of damage.
- Morzach: Spine Toss now deals 33% less damage.
- The difficulty of all bosses has been adjusted to better fit the desired level of challenge.
- Zaphael: Fireburst now deals 25% less damage.
Lair of the Mad Mage
- The visual effects in Arcturia’s encounter should no longer cause significant performance decreases.
Rise of Tiamat
- Enemies once again properly spawn during the “Defend the Clerics” phase of this trial.
- Shatterspine’s health has been reduced.
- Valindra’s health has been increased.
- Ashen Zombies are no longer a higher difficulty than intended.
- Bandit Officers now deal less damage.
- Duergar Hellthorn Golem now deals significantly less damage with its melee attacks.
- Nostura’s Planar Tears and Far Realm Horrors are no longer a higher difficulty than intended.
- Rebel Snipers are no longer a higher difficulty than intended.
- Ras Nsi’s Defiant Souls are no longer a higher difficulty than intended.
- Wererats in human form are no longer a higher difficulty than intended.
Items and Economy
- Darkened Storyteller’s Journal now properly says it gives Critical Severity instead of Armor Penetration.
- Sigil of the Cleric now properly has Combined Rating at Mythic rank.
Enchantments and Enhancements
- Butterfly Bilethorn Weapon Enhancement: Item Level and Damage has been corrected to match the original Bilethorn.
- Boots of the Herald: The bonus power on these boots now properly gives total percentages instead of ratings.
- Mulhorand items now properly grant combined rating.
- The mount power, Rejuvenating Favor, has been added to the Butterfly Wings mount. Players who already placed this mount in their stable can claim this power from the Reward Claims Agent.
- A campaign buyout has been added for the campaign, Descent into Avernus.
- Acquisitions Incorporated: This campaign buyout has been reduced in price to 2000 Zen, down from 3000.
- Campaign buyouts can now consistently be purchased, even if a player has already completed the campaign, in order to allow them to trade or sell the campaign completion token.
- Players who purchased Soradiel can now reclaim this companion in the Zen Market.
- Players who purchased the Rat Pup via the Zen Market can now reclaim this companion there.
- Astral Lockbox: The Refinement rewards of this lockbox have been replaced with Trade Bar rewards instead.
- Eldritch Runestones are no longer incorrectly given out during Double Refining Stones events.
- Future claims of the “Looking for Love” title from the Reward Claims Agent will bind the item to account instead of character.
- Healing Potions now properly show the correct healing value in the tooltip.
- Lliira's Bell and Lliira's Bell of Empowerment no longer grant additional Item Level.
- Magnificent Resurgence Lockbox: This lockbox now has a Trade Bar reward section instead of a Refinement reward section.
- More mentions of Armor Penetration have been removed from the game.
- Newly purchased divine armor and blessed divine armor pieces are now Bind to Account on Pickup, rather than Bind on Pickup. Note that this change will not affect items already in your inventory.
- Illefarn Relic Fragments can now be traded in at the Antiquities Scholar.
- Sharandar Signet of Patronage can now be traded in at the Antiquities Scholar.
- Starry Sphere is no longer incorrectly called Gelatinous Cube in the Mounts menu.
- Storm King's Thunder: Relic Armor can now be purchased from the Campaign Store.
- Stronghold Healing Potion now properly heals for 20% of max health, instead of 20% of current health.
- Potion of Minor Healing +1 no longer states it gives 90% max health up to 1200.
- The title from consecutive PvP season victories, “Leader of the Pack,” has been changed to “Notorious Gladiator,” as there was already a “Leader of the Pack” in Vellosk.
- Various typos have been addressed.
- Dungeon chests: The “re-roll” button now shows what currency will be used when rerolling, rather than showing the astral diamond icon all the time.
- Stackable items that can be slotted in the item tray, and have on-use cooldowns, should no longer spam error messages when the last in a stack is used.
- A new hairstyle no longer displays a development-oriented name.
- Dragonborn no longer have a “Markings” category, as it was non-functional.
- Stat ratings now display as green when they’re 0-1000 above Item Level, increased from 0-100.
- Companion Upgrade Tokens and Mount Upgrade Tokens now properly show “Item Received” indicators.
Inventory / Tooltips
- Several minor tooltip improvements have been made.
- There should no longer be empty “Equip:” lines on certain items.
- The Mount Bolster tooltip now shows the correct item level contribution. Previously, it was incorrectly reporting a higher number than was true.
- There should no longer be a chance for some currencies, relevant to a store, to fail to display at the bottom of the vendor pane.
Animation, Audio, Character Art, and Visual Effects
- Several items that had clipping issues on certain character body types have been addressed.
- Toxic pools left by green dragons no longer have a chance to disappear when lots of visual effects are on-screen.
Performance and Stability
- An issue was addressed that could occasionally cause chat to take more time than expected to show messages.