Storm King’s Thunder Campaign, level 70+ campaign
Return to Icewind Dale in a brand new journey through three new Adventure Zones. With the assistance of Makos, Cattie-brie and Wulfgar confront the Frost Giant Jarl Storvald and the powerful artifact known as the Ring of Winter threatening to plunge the entire world of Faerun into eternal winter.
Read more about the background and story here.
Fangbreaker Island, New Tier 3 dungeon
Travel to Fangbreaker Island, a Frost Giant stronghold to confront Drufi in this brand new tier 3 dungeon (item level 3100) with an emphasis on unique and interesting boss mechanics. Along the way encounter a Manticore and Dragon turtle, then storm the stronghold itself, defeating the Frost Giants’ foothold in the North.
Read more here.
Ostorian Relics, item progression system
The ancient kingdom of the giants, Ostoria, fell thousands of years ago, collapsing under the stresses of the wars against the dragons and betrayal from within the ranks of the giants themselves. Almost all of the great treasures the giants accumulated during their rule are now lost, but not all.
With a new tier of armor comes the chance to restore powerful pieces of equipment to resist the potent effects from the Ring of Winter that lies in the hands of the Frost Giants.
Read more here.
Classes and Balance
Due to the giant number of patch notes, we've split them up into two: one for features and one for class balance.
Please click here for the patch notes on class balance.
Content and Environment
- Castle Never: Orcus name is no longer visible while he is flying
- Castle Never: updated Demon Prince of Being Dead achievement to make sure support characters get proper credit for killing Orcus
- Mold on the cheese wheels have been cut away and now have a proper cheesy texture again. Delicious.
- Prophecy of Madness: Corrected a bug with the Prophecy of Madness skirmish (demonic incursion) where the timer failed to reset if the team achieved gold in phase 1.
- Prophecy of Madness: Reduced respawn time of encounters in Prophecy of Madness skirmish (protect the prophecy).
- Sharandar: Resolved an issue with areas where players are not scaled to the proper level.
- There is now an hourly event on rotation for Stronghold Siege. Playing while this event is active gives an additional 50% Glory and +1 Banner of the Fallen.
- The login screens have an updated background and UI treatment.
- Bank: Account Shared Bank slot maximum has been increased by 40 slots.
- Bank: Personal Bank slot maximum has increased by 32 slots.
- Collections: The Artifact pages have been condensed. This may affect your collection points.
- Collections: The Trade Bar store collection page has been updated.
- Guild Alliances: Leaders now have the option to set visits to alliances by invites only if desired.
- Invocation: There is now a small UI indicator underneath the character portrait when a player has bonus AD similar to when there is bonus Glory, this is to support the related Invocation changes.
- Players who logout and log back in will now be properly be put back into the queue and party instead of being a Schrodinger's party member both in and out of the party depending on perspective.
- There is now a Vote Abandon feature that allows a player to initiate a vote with all active players in the map. If the vote succeeds all players will be notified that the map is shutting down and no leaver penalty will be applied. This option is only available in PvE content.
- There is now a tooltip when trying to join a queue you are still in an instance for to notify of this case.
- When an event that expires is required by a queue all players waiting in that queue will be kicked out of it instead of remaining and being led to believe it may still start. This affects Demogorgon, Tiamat and many weekly event queues.
- When looking at the details of a queue an average wait time will be displayed when available.
- While in a queued instance if the event that is required to be running to queue for that instance ends the 'Looking for group reinforcements' will no longer display to show no more help is coming instead of misleading players.
- Resolved an issue where intractable items would not show their FX in rare occasions.
- Zen Market: Resolved an issue where coupons could be consumed even when reclaiming a free product such as a mount.
- Zen Market: Resolved a case where visiting the Zen Market with a coupon in the inventory could show an incorrect price for some item as if the coupon would provide a discount but does not.
Items and Economy
- Adamant Rejuvenation Surcoat: A new healing focused Devoted Cleric Masterwork Chest.
- Armor Kits and Jewels: Text added to Armor Kits and Jewels that show the Item Level increase they add to armor. This is a visual change, no function changes have occurred.
- Champion's Battle Horn: No longer puts player in a combat stance when out of combat.
- Controller's Celestial Cowl: This item from the Control Wizard Class Pack no longer has a class requirement.
- Cultist of Air companion is now named Elemental Air Cultist, to match his item and collection name.
- Elemental Air Cultist's active power has been adjusted to no longer require player to be low health to trigger."
- Companions with Combat Advantage active companion bonuses (Blink Dog, Staldorf, and Intellect Devourer) have had these powers changed to combine additively rather than multiplicatively. As such, players using these may notice slight reductions in the combat advantage bonus provided by these powers.
- Fixes to several companions with Rank 30 abilities that weren't triggering such as the Priestess of Sehanine, Acolyte of Kelemvore and the Repentant Cultist.
- Harper Bard: Now works as intended, as a Leader companion.
- Renegade Illusionist: Now works as intended, as a Striker companion.
- Sergeant Knox: Now works as intended, as a Defender companion.
- Wandering Scarecrow: Now works as intended, as a Striker companion.
- Demonic Ichor: The weekly cap for Demonic Ichor has been removed.
- Elemental Evil campaign reward armors now all have an Armor Enchantment slot. If there was an Armor Kit slotted in any existing items it will be in the Armor Enchantment slot but can be removed or destroyed, then reapplied as desired.
- Slightly increased the stats you get from the three-stat enchantments (Black Ice, Demonic, and Draconic) to make them competitive with the one and two stat enchantments.
- Bronzewood Enchantment: Rank 12 of this Enchantment will now properly apply the 10% damage reduction and 5% increased incoming damage on the target.
- Drain Overload Enchantments: Drastically reduced the power of the 4 Stronghold PvP AP and Stamina Drain Overload Enchantments. (The corresponding 4 wards and 2 boons are scaled proportionally.)
- Fireburst, Frostburn, Thunderhead, and Bloodtheft armor enchantments from Lesser to Transcendent have had all their internal cooldowns reduced.
- Frost Enchantment: Fixed an issue where higher ranks of Frost Enchantment could cause unintended massive damage increases.
- Frostburn Enchantments: In addition to its other properties, all ranks of the Frostburn Enchantment now slow the attacker (players and NPCs) by 30% as part of the effect.
- Lightning Enchantments: In addition to its other properties, all ranks of the Lightning Enchantment now reduce all cooldowns by 2% for the first lightning strike, plus an additional 1% for each chain.
- Identification Scrolls: All identification scrolls stack to 999 (up from 99).
- Illusionist's Mask: A new legendary rank has been added to the Illusionist's Mask as part of the next Masquerade of Liars event. The epic rank of the artifact can now take basic refinement and Masquerade refinement to be upgraded, and the mask acquires an activated power when it is upgraded to legendary.
- Insignias: Rare and Epic Insignias can now be donated to the Stronghold Coffer.
- Insignia Bonuses
- Five new bonus powers have been added to the game!
- Assassin's Covenant: This new bonus requires a Regal, and two Enlightened insignia. You lose 10% of Defense, Deflection and Life Steal and gain the combination lost as Power.
- Barbarian's Revelry/Delight: Updated the tooltip to list that the effect can only occur once every 2s. This is just a tooltip update.
- Berserker's Rage: This new bonus requires a Barbed and two Illuminated insignia. While you have full Action Points, you gain 10% of your Armor Penetration as Power.
- Combatant's Maneuver: This new bonus requires an Illuminated and two Regal insignia. Whenever you control an enemy, you gain 5% combat Advantage damage for 10 seconds.
- Slayer's Redemption: This new bonus requires an enlightened and two crescent insignia. Whenever you kill a target, you are healed for 10% of your maximum Hit Points over 5 seconds.
- Victim's Preservation: This new bonus requires a Crescent and two Barbed insignia. Whenever you take more than 35% of your maximum Hit Points before any mitigation in a single attack, you are healed for 10% of your maximum Hit Points over 5 seconds. This cannot occur once every 10 seconds.
- Invocation now gives a Rough AD bonus instead of granting Rough AD directly. The bonus Rough AD awarded is moderately larger than what was previously granted as straight Rough AD. In general, Invoking while playing other Rough AD generating activities will see a reasonable increase in AD earned, while Invoking only will see a drastic decrease.
- Maze Engine Campaign: Adjusted prices for the armor sets. The prices are now 4,000 supplies for the lowest tier, 5,000 supplies for the medium tier, and 6,000 supplies for the highest tier.
- Oghma's Release has been renamed Oghma's Token of Free Movement, to match rest of the set.
- PvP Equipment
- Grim equipment is no longer available for purchase at the Trade of Blades.
- Seals of Triumph have been removed from the cost of Lionsmane armor.
- The cost of Burning equipment has been reduced.
- The number of Fallen Banners required to purchase Lionsmane armor pieces has been halved.
- Rings of Ambush, Sieging, and Charging Bull: The wording has been changed to state "When you have been running" instead of When you have been moving."This means that moving very slowly (such as when you are running into a wall) will cause the effects to stop, and the effects will no longer apply while you are mounted. Note that most Slow will not cause you to move slowly enough on their own to prevent these effects from firing.
- Salvage values for Neverwinter have not been very consistent. Now that we're adding a new tier of gear, we really want to streamline what items gave. Going forward, all items of level 130+ that are salvageable will have their salvage value determined by rarity and size (Small/Medium/Large) only. (Small = Neck, Waist, Ring, Shirt, Pants; Medium = Arms, Feet, Head, Offhand; Large = Body, Mainhand) In practice, the biggest effect of these changes is that some rings have gone down in value and some Elemental/Protector seal gear has gone up.
- Seals of Triumph
- The amount of Seals of Triumph awarded for winning a daily domination match has been increased from 1 to 60.
- The amount of Seals of Triumph in the cost of items has been adjusted based on therelated changes.
- The cap for Seals of Triumph has been increased from 500 seals to 1200.
- Star Metal Gauntlet and Adamantine Gauntlet tooltips now accurately display the rewards they can retrieve.
- Tradebar Store
- Dusk equipment has been moved from the "current" tab in the Trade Bar store's equipment section to the "legacy" tab.
- Goat Companion is now available in the Trade Bar Store!
- Grim equipment is now available for purchase in the Trade Bar store.
- Shard of Shadowclad Enchantment is now available at the Seal Vendor.
- Worn Gauntlets: For players who have misplaced their Worn Guantlets, they are now available in the profession vendors. They are only visible for those that need them.
Performance and Stability
- Resolved a client crash that could occur when donating to Stronghold Coffers.
- Resolved several client crashes that could occur when transferring maps.
Discuss on the official forums