Magic: Legends Shutting Down October 31, 2021
It is with heavy hearts that we announce Magic: Legends will be shutting down on October 31, 2021. All players who spent money in-game across Arc and the Epic Games Store during the Open Beta will be refunded their full purchase amounts. Servers will remain open for play until closing day, however we will be closing the Zen Shop effective immediately. Later this week, all items will instead be purchasable using Aether, our free in-game currency.
Our vision for Magic: Legends missed the mark, but we are proud of what we achieved. Thanks to Wizards of the Coast, we got to bring the expansive Magic: The Gathering Multiverse to a wide audience and explore new angles within the established ARPG genre. We learned several valuable lessons along the way, and we will use them to improve Cryptic’s future development efforts.
Most importantly, we’d like to thank all of the players who explored the Multiverse with us and provided feedback during the Alpha and Beta testing phases. We couldn’t have gotten this far without you!
- When exactly are Magic: Legends PC servers shutting down?
- The Magic: Legends PC servers will cease operation on October 31, 2021, at 11:59pm Pacific.
- Will this impact Magic: Legends on the Epic Games Store?
- Players can continue to access Magic: Legends from the Epic Games Store until the servers shut down on October 31, 2021, at 11:59pm Pacific.
- Will Magic: Legends be released on consoles/Steam still?
- No, Magic: Legends will not release onto Xbox, PlayStation, or Steam.
- What content will be available until the official server shutdown?
- All game content aside from the ZEN Store will remain in place. An update will be pushed to the game build later this week to make all ZEN Store items purchasable with the free in-game currency.
- Will we be refunded for our prior purchases?
- Yes there will be 100% refunds for all purchases, including both the Planeswalker Bundle and all Virtual Currency denominations.
- For purchases made through Arc Games using credit cards, refunds will be applied automatically to the respective credit card - we expect processing time of these refunds to take approximately 4 weeks.
- For purchases made through Arc Games using prepaid cards, refunds will be applied automatically in the form of Arc credit to the respective Arc account - plus an additional $10 credit - which can then be used within other games on the Arc client - we expect processing time of these refunds to take approximately 4 weeks.
- For purchases made through the Epic Games Store, refunds will be applied automatically via the pay gateway that was used to make purchases. Refunds are expected to process by July 14, but may take approximately 4 weeks to complete.
- Is there a chance that Magic: Legends will be revived in the future?
- At this time there are no plans to reinstate Magic: Legends in the future.