We’re excited to announce that our September update is now live and it introduces Gigantic’s 21st hero to the roster, Rutger! He’s an ancient warden who will protect the land by using the terrain to his advantage on the battleground.
Alongside Rutger, the September build is going to include a handful of brand new features, bug fixes, and summoning creatures to fight alongside you in battle. Quite a few of your favorite heroes are getting some balance changes in the September update as well.
We’ve unlocked a brand new pack that Gigantic fans can pick up which will feature new monk themed skins for some of the heroes as well as the brand new Stone Cerberus that is releasing later this month. Read the further details below and get ready to jump back into action!
Welcome to Into Solitude!
"Rutger is as old as rock and twice as solid." -Voden
We are happy to introduce the Warden of Stone and protector of the rocky plains and mountains: Rutger! The armored tank is the newest melee Hero to join the cast, and employs restorative shielding to mitigate incoming damage and survive the longer engagements on the battlefield. He also brings an arsenal of powerful spikes and walls to the fight, allowing him to push, stun, and zone out his enemies to take full control of the Power Race.
- DIGGING CLAWS (LMB/RT): Rapid melee attack. If your shield is up, you regenerate 10 shield per hit.
- TREMORS (RMB/LT): Pound the ground in front of you three times. The first two hits slow enemies (-20% movement speed, 1 second). The final hit pushes enemies.
- BURROW (Q/LB): Dive into the ground; become invulnerable and restore 150 shield. Tap Q again to emerge from the ground early.
- ROCK BARRIER (E/RB): Create a stone wall that blocks enemies and projectiles. Destroy the wall to damage and debuff your enemies.
- ROCK AND ROLL (F/LS+RS): Charge up and then roll forward, launching enemies away and dealing damage (300/450/600). Grants +40 armor and disruption immunity.
Ultimate Pack owners automatically unlock Rutger to play today! Others can practice with Rutger in the Practice Arena before picking him up in the shop and diving head-first onto the battlefield!
NOW AVAILABLE: RUTGER MONK SKINS!
We are also happy to introduce the first monk-themed skins, now available in the shop! Pick up the Mountain Monk, the Kaleidoscopic Ascetic, and the Sage of Sagebrush skins for Rutger today, and check back each week for more 'Into Solitude' skins for some of your favorite heroes.
INTRODUCING: HERO & SKINS BUNDLES!
We've bundled up the Into Solitude update just at a discounted price, just for you! The bundle features four hero skins and the new Stone Cerberus (scroll down for more info!) for only 1,500 rubies.
- Fixed a bug where Quick Upgrades would prompt you to get an invalid upgrade.
NEW CREATURE: STONE CERBERUS
The Stone Cerberus is a tank amongst the creatures. Heavily-armored and equipped with several knock-back attacks, the Stone Cerberus is a powerful defender of your territory, and is not to be trifled with!
Pick up the Stone Cerberus in the 'Creatures' section of the shop starting September 19th!
NEW CREATURE: RIFTBORN CYCLOPS!
Imbued with the magic of the Rift, the Riftborn Cyclops is able to place translucent walls that its allies can shoot through but foes cannot. Watch out though, because that's not its only trick; this cyclops will also use its sorcery to immobilize and then smash enemy Heroes!
Pick up the Riftborn Cyclops in the 'Creatures' section of the shop starting September 26th!
You can find a full list of known issues with the build over on the official forum. We'll keep this list up-to-date with the biggest issues (and solutions) that are reported:
We'll also be tracking the most impactful issues - as well as any workarounds or known solutions - on the official subreddit:
We've made some improvements to the readability of the combat indicator.
- The crossed swords icon has improved effects to make it easier to see while in combat.
- An out of combat timer has been added, represented by a bar behind the crossed swords combat indicator. The bar will be full while in combat, and will recede when you are not taking damage or using skills.
- Crown Boosts now provide 7x Crowns from a match when you emerge victorious. Please note that this only affects the Crowns gained from the end-of-match rewards, and does not modify Crowns earned via Fortune Cards, the Honor Bonus, or from your first win of the day.
Hero Mastery now gives increasing Crown rewards with each rank.
- Rank 1: 100 Crowns
- Rank 2: 200 Crowns
- Rank 3: 300 Crowns
- Rank 4: 400 Crowns + 1 Card
- Rank 5: 500 Crowns + 1 Card
- Rank 6: 750 Crowns + 1 Card
- Rank 7: 1000 Crowns + 1 Card
- Rank 8: 1250 Crowns + 1 Card
- Rank 9: 1500 Crowns + 1 Card
- Rank 10: 2000 Crowns + 1 Card
- Additional Ranks: 1000 Crowns + 1 Card